Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Madison's been juicing!

Well, she's been making green juice for her momma and she loves it too! Everyday for breakfast, I partake in a lovely green juice made up of a base of 1 large cucumber and 4 stalks of celery.  From there, I add anything from sunflower sprouts, brocolli stems, beet greens, romaine, spinach, kale or whatever else I have on hand!  My personal favorite is the base plus beet greens (SO yummy and makes the juice a gorgeous red color!), and sunflower sprouts.  It usually yields 16-18 ounces of goodness but today we got 20 ounces of love!  It is a wonderful, healing start to my day and I have the amazing Kris Carr to thank for it.  Today marks the end of the 21 day cleanse I did from her book Crazy Sexy Diet.  I am down about 9 pounds and feeling fantastic.  I love her plan, her book, her movie and feel over all so much healthier than I did 3 weeks ago.  I have a feeling 2012 is going to be a great year!  Especially with such a great "juicer" in the house. :)


I should mention, I do not have a fancy juicer just yet.  Steve had an old Krups model collecting dust that I have been using for the last 3 weeks.  I have grown to love the taste of the juice and all the amazing nutrients it is providing me but I do plan on upgrading our juicer soon!

IMG_1924

Madison eating the veggies before they can make it into the juicer! :)

juice

IMG_1932

Madison showing off her skills and her new 'do!

No comments:

Post a Comment